Ecodesign provides EU-wide rules for improving the environmental performance of products, both business as consumer. This directive sets requirements for new equipment. Beyond energy consumption restrictions, it will also contain elements to stimulate independent repair, resale and other Circular elements.
EU policy officer Davide Polverini informs you about:
· Developments in Circular Economy and Sustainability
· Ecodesign opening the market for Independent service providers
· Data deletion tool requirement: preventing destruction of disks
· Firmware availability requirement
· Ecodesign stimulating refurbishment, reuse and resale
· Ecodesign as a tool to extend product life cycle